Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ankara, Traditional or Native: The Beauty of Cultural Patterns

I can't really say I've ever been a fan of fashion; Nigerian or otherwise. If anything I always felt fashion was for bored rich housewives and new generation male teens more in touch with their feminine side. 

But as the years went by I learnt to appreciate the virtue in looking good without taking it too far. finding out the right fashion trends to complement your shape and skin tone without just buying whatever you see in the magazines and looking like a complete fool. Like i said I've never really been fashion inclined, but after reading a few issues of MH and GQ for the first time a few years back; I had to realise that some things in life are just pretty much a standard.

This year I developed a new sense of dress and started a change of wardrobe. I mean I feel like I'm too old to be wearing tshirts with cartoon characters on them and wearing sagging jeans; but that didnt really mean that all the colour in my wardrobe had to disappear. Here are some of the creative uses of cultural patterns that inspired me to get a change of wardrobe. 

Well i've never been much of a hat person but these were quite inspired. 



No matter how old i get, am sure i'll always have a pair of high tops. Am not really sure what these would go with, but these will definitely make you stand out in a crowd. 

As I got older I've come to see fashion as an art or form of expression of self and creativity. Though am still not the kind of guy that blindly follows fashion trends. I think I can see myself experimenting with ideas and trying out a few new things. 

DISCLAIMER:THE PICS IN THIS POST ARE NOT MINE AND I AM MAKING NO CLAIMS THAT THEY ARE. THANK YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment